Dr. Asma Al Balushi
(Director of Trainees Affairs Department)
Dr. Saif Salam Al Hashmi
(Senior Consultant Psychiatrist)
Mrs. Noura Al Hadhrami
(Head of the Counselling and Guidance Section)
Mrs. Mashael Al Sabahi
1. What are the services provided at the OMSB Counselling and Guidance Section?
Assessment and Counselling, Career Support and Educational Resources.
2. Who is eligible for the services provided by the Counselling and Guidance Section?
- Any OMSB trainee can request the services.
- Any number of times and at any year of training.
3. What are types of referrals available at the Counselling and Guidance Section?
Trainees can self-refer or can be referred by the Programs Education Committee.
4. How can I get an appointments at the Counselling and Guidance Section?
It is preferred that the referral be sent to the Counselling and Guidance Section, via email to arrange an appointment for assessment purposes.
If you are Self-Referring, you please complete the Self-Referral Form and send it to us. If it is a Program Referral, the program will send the Referral Form. (for Forms click here)
Appointments can also be arranged through phone calls at: +968 24181160 / +96824181072
5. How are the services provided?
An initial assessment occurs on a one-to-one basis, between the trainee and a staff member of the Counselling and Guidance Section. Further appointments and a management plan are arranged, following the initial assessment.
6. Will anyone from my program know if I come to the Counselling and Guidance Section?
If you self-referral, your program will not be notified about it. Every attempt will be made to treat information disclosed to the Performance and Wellness section, regarding individual trainees, in a confidential and respectful manner.
Read more about confidentiality here .
7. Does the Counselling and Guidance Section provide any medications?
In the event that a trainee may require medication, as part of the management of their difficulties, this will not be provided through OMSB and appropriate medical assessment must be sought.
Read more about treatment provision here .
8. How can I contact you?
You can contact us through telephone numbers: +968 24181160 / +96824181072
Or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office is at the OMSB building in Bawshar (North Azaiba), in the 3rd floor.
Mrs. Noura Al Hadhrami (Head of the Counselling and Guidance Section)
Mrs. Mashael Al Sabahi (Wellness Specialist)
Our E-mail address is: email@example.com
Our Office - OMSB
At the OMSB building in Bawshar (North Azaiba),
Way No. 4443, Bldg. 18, Block 244, Plot. 404
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman www.omsb.org